Exchange 2013 MSDiagnostics Event Error 1006

(**UPDATE, CU6 Fixes this bug**)

Since upgrading to CU1, CU2 and now CU2v2 for Exchange 2013, event ID 1006 keeps getting logged with performance counter errors. My server has 600GB free space yet it complains of this. Seems like yet another bug in Exchange 2013.

I turned off these notifications, you can do so at your own will if you want. This is the error logged:

The performance counter ‘\\SERVER\LogicalDisk(HarddiskVolume1)\Free Megabytes’ sustained a value of ‘45,297.00’, for the ’15’ minute(s) interval starting at ‘7/21/2013 5:41:00 AM’. Additional information: None. Trigger Name:DatabaseDriveSpaceTrigger. Instance:harddiskvolume4

Here is the location of the config file where you can set the value from “True” to “False”

Disable the trigger in the Microsoft.Exchange.Diagnostics.Service.exe

C:\Program Files\Microsoft\ExchangeServer\V15\Bin\Microsoft.Exchange.Diagnostics.Service.exe 

Change “ExchangeJobs.Triggers.DatabaseDriveSpaceTrigger” from “True” to “False”.

After making the change I restarted the MS Exchange Diagnostics Service and no more errors logged. This should be fixed in CU3

Hope it helps.

Advertisements

10 thoughts on “Exchange 2013 MSDiagnostics Event Error 1006

  1. jasonsherry September 3, 2013 / 2:24 am

    Couple of corrections.
    The file is: “Microsoft.Exchange.Diagnostics.Service.exe.config”

    Value is ExchangeJobs.Triggers.DatabaseDriveSpaceTrigger (missing the E)

  2. Troy November 18, 2013 / 6:56 pm

    Thanks for the tip. I have 3TB free and keep getting the message, what a pain.

  3. Don December 3, 2013 / 10:32 pm

    just applied CU3 and the issue is not fixed. I’m still getting these errors.

    • edwardvbs December 4, 2013 / 7:06 am

      Correct, i added in a message on the top of the post regarding this.

  4. Eamonn Deering March 3, 2014 / 2:16 pm

    Just did a fresh install Exchange 2013 SP1.
    Same issue. Can’t move mailboxes. DAG not replicating.
    Thanks for the tip.
    Eamonn

  5. spyke562 July 7, 2014 / 8:13 pm

    Hi Ed,

    Again, great post. I am actually on a fresh SP1 install and this post did resolve this event. However, what are the downsides of changing this to false? Does this mean now if my database actually gets filled I will not be alerted?

    Thanks again!
    Ian…

    • edwardvbs July 8, 2014 / 12:43 pm

      Hi there,

      setting the value to false stops the alerts in the event log that there is an issue. the problem has persisted from RTM to SP1 now. I have had a chat to the MS team and presented my findings, hopefully in the future it will be rectified or they will shed some more light on this.

      Cheers
      Ed

  6. Hevymetl October 27, 2014 / 5:55 pm

    The error is probably not about your main hard drive. Exchange is looking at all drive volumes, which includes the little 100MB boot volume that Windows creates. If you look, you will most likely see the free space on that volume, not your main volume.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s