SQL 2008 R2 Error – Service cannot be started. System.Exception: Default appdomain failed to initialize.

Today out of the blue I received this error for SQL Reporting Services on SCCM 2012.

Service cannot be started. System.Exception: Default appdomain failed to initialize.
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ServiceAppDomainController.Start()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ReportService.OnStart(String[] args)
at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

When you try and start the Reporting Services it gives a warning saying some services start and then stop…….

My suspicion was that SQL was running on a trial version but Event Viewer was not giving me that info. I restarted the server and after logging in I then got the error that it had. Ran the upgrade for SQL to Standard and the service started.

Hope it helps

Advertisements

Exchange 2013 Certificate Error – Revocation Check Failed

Today I added in a new Exchange Server for redundancy and went through all the steps. I created a new certificate requested and got my 3rd Party cert. Upon completing the process I got the error above.

Funny thing is I was able to assign services to this certificate. I ran the following commands from a standard command prompt:

  • certutil -urlcache ocsp delete
  • certutil -urlcache crl delete

After that I hit refresh and certificate is now valid. No more errors reported.

Hope it helps

SCCM 2012 Reports – No Items Found

Today I wanted to run a few reports and went to SCCM and it returned the famous page “No Items Found”. Checked the Component Status, everything was happy. Checked the logs, no errors found.

Removed the Reporting Services Role, restarted the machine, reinstalled the Role and still “No Items Found”

I then tried re-registering the SQL MOF files and this fixed my problem. I uninstalled the Reporting Services Role, opened up an elevated prompt and ran the following command:

mofcomp.exe “C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof”

I then re-installed the Reporting Services  Role, checked all the statuses and watched event viewer and no issues reported. I then opened up Reports and voila, i had 422 reports.

Hope it helps