After I rebuilt my SharePoint Server I moved across one last database. After a restart SharePoint reported that the database was in compatibility mode.
I opened up an elevated SharePoint PowerShell and ran the following command:
- PSConfig.exe -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -force
PSConfig went through the steps and got stuck on Step 3. This has to be a permission problem. Remembering that on my old server I made changes to the registry permissions.
I ran regedit and navigated to the following key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\15.0\Secure
If you right click on the secure key and click permissions you will see the WSS_ADMIN_WPG and WSS_WPG users. I granted both full access.
Immediately after I made this change the upgrade commenced and was successful.
Hope it helps